travellers, mongolia travel

Mongolia basic do’s and don’ts

Mongolia is a country of strict “Do’s and Don’ts” when it comes to traditions and lifestyle, specifically in the countryside. Some of these rules are of religious background, and others derived from the practical necessities of the nomadic culture. And obviously, there are also examples of superstition. Though in the city, these practices are less […]

sukhbaatar province statue of mother

Sukhbaatar – The land of good men

We’re delivering introductions of provinces of Mongolia. This time it’s the complete opposite, the easternmost province Sukhbaatar, land of heroes and good men. The name of the province comes from Sukhbaatar, national hero of Mongolia, who led the people’s revolution of 1921 and got the independence back from China. You’ll see a big statue of […]

mongolia kazakh eagle hunter

The Land of Eagles & Peaks: Bayan – Olgii province

Mongolia has 21 provinces and we’re introducing Bayan-Olgii province. The province borders with Uvs, Khovd provinces along with Russia and China. And the whole province is elevated above 1600m and the highest point of Mongolia, Mt. Khuiten is in the majestic Altai Tavan Bogd National Park. The 93% of total population are ethnic Kazakhs with the other 7% […]

ulaagchin khar lake

Emerging beautiful destination of Mongolia

Premium Travel will be introducing provinces of Mongolia as potential travel destinations to provide the readers and travellers with comprehensive travel information about Mongolia. We will be going for the least travelled provinces first, and our first destination is Zavkhan province, rightly a hidden gem in the western part of Mongolia. Stretched for 82500 sq.km in […]

tsagaan sar, winter mongolia

Mongolians are celebrating “Tsagaan Sar”

Tsagaan Sar started as a celebration of dairy goods in the autumn. However, in 1206, Chinggis Khaan passed a decree to celebrate it in the first month of every spring. In the 17th century, Tsagaan Sar was combined with Buddhist tradition. Since then, Tsagaan Sar has become symbolic festival with the deep political and spiritual […]

camel festival mongolia travel, premium travel, tour mongolia

Ten Thousands Camel Festival in Mongolia. Cold winter fun!

Ten Thousand Camel Festival, held in the middle of the amazing Gobi Desert of Mongolia is already one of the most famous winter festivals in the world. This thrilling festival was first initiated in 1997 by the locals of Umnugovi (South Gobi) province to celebrate Mongolian camels, to conserve the 2-humped Bactrian camel species, pass […]

mongolia travel, premium travel, tour mongolia

The Soyombo – a national symbol

The Soyombo traces its origins back to the country’s First Bogd Gegeen, or theocratic leader, back in 1686. The symbol was part of a new script that renowned Buddist scholar and artist Zanabazar created to write Mongolian in compatibility with Sanskrit and Tibetan, mostly to transcribe holy texts. Based on the Devanagari alphabet of India […]